prints charming

good vs. evil, republican vs. democrat, coke vs. pepsi, and the battle in my head: prints vs. solids. buying clothes (or even housewares) causes a jan-like war of the voices, only in a much less creepy way as i can't for the life of me decide which is better. the sensible side says, "solids are more transitional and age appropriate considering the big 3-0 is just over a month away." but the fun side says, "F the rules, let's have fun!" where do you stand? do you prefer one over the other or do you like an equal amount of both?

from the top: 1., 2., 3., 4., 5., 6., 7.

i don't spend as much time browsing etsy as i used to, not because i don't enjoy drooling over things i want in my life, but because it's one of those things you tell yourself you're going to do for 10 minutes, but next thing you know it's two hours later. the other day, since i wasn't very busy with anything, i decided to just search for random things, like "yellow stripes" or "floral print" and i definitely added some things to my wish list!

one more thing. that pretty floral dress up there is handmade, can you believe it?! i have the greatest respect for those that can make clothes because i know it's a lot of work. leah's shop is filled with great handmade clothes made from vintage fabrics! p.s. i just bought myself a tank top from her shop that i've been watching for a while, and i can't wait to wear it!

14 comments:

  1. Frankly at this point, I'd rather focus on prints vs. solids than political debates. I love that bandana/scarf in the third picture, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah I know exactly what you mean about ETSY its so addicting... I do the same thing, and like you said 2 hours later its like CRAP! I love love love that skirt in one of the first photos.

    http://seventwentysomethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am definitely a prints over a solids girl myself! LOVE that glass in first picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BOTH!! i love bright color and pattern and you can totally wear both which says i am being sensible but also f everything! that is they way i like to roll ;D
    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  5. such good selections. your taste in fashion is fantastic. i'm in love with the clutch and skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to say both! You cant have enough of either :) I am the same with etsy. I have to really careful or I'll spend hours browsing for the most random stuff.

    Stop by & enter my Vedette giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I NEEEED 2,3,4, and 6...I just simply want the others LOL! Oh how my strict budget is killing me slowly :) Xo Lori

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the turquoisey/blue colours! And I equally love prints and solids!
    xo Heather
    http://ahopelessnotebook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have Definitely had to curb my Etsy habit for that exact same reason. I open it up and next thing I know it's 3 hours later and I'm looking at war-era alarm clocks...

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are all amazing. I'm always attracted to florals and stripes, and BRIGHT colors. I wore my new neon orange shoes today and got so many compliments. I'm so happy! Cause my friend said they look crazy. . . haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. cute print dress! i love prints!

    delicatelyfierce.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. That totally made me laugh! I feel like I'm always drawn to prints - and really REALLY bright colors. Maybe I like attention? Haha :) Loving that gorgeous skirt...have a great weekend Danielle!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  13. I used to have way too many solid colors in my closet, so then I started buying prints all the time, and now I have too many prints and am back to buying solids. I think it's going to be a never-ending cycle :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!