the trouble with watering plants.

i've always liked to think of myself as having a green thumb, and that may have come from my parents' love of landscaping and manicuring their lawns, or maybe it started a little later when i worked part time at a greenhouse during high school. either way, i love plants, and i love the added color they can bring to a room. i have plants in most every room of my house, and one day each week they can expect a good, healthy drink of water... unless flojo helps. the trouble with watering plants is that, to a parrot, all time is play time.

when she first sees that i have the pitcher of water she'll squeak and talk and walk down my arm to check it out. then she'll stand on the rim of the pitcher, stick her head inside, and squeak and talk some more, looking out occasionally at me (whether it's to tell me about the water, or to see if it's okay to go in, i don't know). after she's thoroughly discussed the water and pitcher with me, she'll go ahead and start flapping her wings in the water, fanning her tail feathers, and making a wet mess. once she's played in the water that i've been trying to pour on the plants and the pitcher is empty, she'll hang down in the pitcher and talk a little to be sure there isn't any water left. and then instead of watering plants, i start working on cleaning up her bath puddle.

watering plants probably isn't quite as much work to someone who doesn't live with a bird, but to a curious parrot, everything is an adventure!

14 comments:

  1. She is SO FRIGGIN CUTE! Oh & nice butt shot! Haha! I miss having birds but having a parrot would be a completely new adventure. I'll get one some day. =)
    Oh & I agree with us needing a photo of all four of us...you, me, Beca & Carla...NEED! I'd tear up & then blow snot bubbles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is so precious! is she a type of lorikeet? i took care of a parrot when i was the animal feeder and it was called a sunset parrot or something like that...i forget the actual name, i just know that the males are green and the females are sunset colors, hence the nickname...oh i just love birds!
    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to give her a give squeeze! She's so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hee hee! Flojo, let your Ma water the plants crazy birdie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. holy crap! hilarious and super cute!!! look at her beautiful colors! birdy bath time is the best, poe got one yesterday, boy was that a lot of water everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww haha! I'm pretty terrified of parrots (bad experience) but yours seems quite fun indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eeek! I just saw Flojo's feather hole!
    Captain No laughed so hard when I showed her this post. She said she want Flojo to visit Las Vegas.

    She looks ADORABLE with all her feathers wet!
    I'm dying of cuteness here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is quite possibly the best thing I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh man do i love flo jo. i wish my budgie was this cheeky, but he doesn't even come out of his cage. flo jo is my favourite bird on the internet i think.

    ReplyDelete
  10. your parrot is gorgeous! birds are so lovely :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL you have the most adorable bird ever! made me laugh a lot

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eeeeek too cute!! I just love the pictures =D How fun.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!