do you know rosita mustache?

i do, and she's awesome. rosita is an amazing painter and specializes in custom pet portraits for people like me who love their fur or feather babies more than most humans you'll meet. she has an etsy shop here and is probably dancing with a banana in her hair to an electric piano as we speak. she and i worked out a secret deal so that i'd be the recipient of this gorgeous painting of my kona, big black bear, bear hair, whatever you want to call him!

i know i'm always telling you about great artists, great shops, great stuff, but if you never visit another link i share and you love art and animals, you owe it to the human race to visit rosita's shop! can you tell i'm a fan? i totally am. chris doesn't know it yet, but in the next few days he'll be helping me hang a grouping of pictures in the den, and can you guess what will be front and center? my bear hair painting! i'll also be hanging a watercolor painting of flojo from littleowlarts, a screenprinted deer from allyson & jeremy taylor, this print from impossible moon, and this one from amanda michael harris. and one more thing about my rosita painting, look at how accurate it is!!!


10 comments:

  1. SO awesome! Her work is amazing! & look at Kona! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! I love beastie art...people always buy me pictures of my beast and I love it :) This artist is extremely talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hot damn. that's really wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah, I went there.. :] dont hate me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She did a great job capturing your pup! Definitely will check her out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so awesome! I love this! I want one for bootsie even though she chated on us and slept somewhere else last night!
    xo
    B

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is amazing. i gotta try this on my cats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How beautiful -- I love the composition. Kona is gorgeous, just like her mommy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohheeeyyy....I tried researching Rosita Mustache's identity, and she's cloaked in mystery.
    I think I'll get to the bottom of this!
    Also, I just saw your film shots of DC and they are fantastic! Have you thought of blowing them up?

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!