thrifty.

i don't go thrifting nearly as often as i used to, and it's mainly because i just can't seem to find all the good vintage treasures that used to fill the thrift shops. now, when i do go and find a gem that's in good condition, and more importantly, fits me, it's like i won the lottery! i can't really hide my emotions (at all), so i always wonder if i have a ridiculous smile plastered on my face when i come across something i know has been waiting for me. here are my latest finds (and they're not actually all that new, i've just been forgetting to share)...

the first blouse is my absolute favorite and fits like it was made for me. that and the last blouse are soft, lightweight gauze fabric which is my favorite during warmer months. the leopard print skirt makes me feel just enough like a guns n'roses fan without going overboard. last, i love the cardigan, but am not insane enough to wear it during a virginia summer, not even in the middle of the night. it'll have to wait until fall!

sadly, these beautiful vintage moccasin ankle boots do not belong to me, but i'd give a non-vital organ to own them. i've been searching high and low at the thrift shops for these exact boots without luck, and here they are, in my size, dangling in front of my face; but alas, i'm on a shopping ban.

now that my pity party is out of the way, here's a little vintage we can all enjoy. thanks, afp! (thanks, maddy for reminding me to add this, i am NOT in that picture! it's just random silliness).

18 comments:

  1. i love those moccasins. they are absolutely gorgeous! i got in a car accident when i was 17 and hurt my Achilles and it hurt to walk. so i couldn't wear shoes that were too tight, or too tall. it would just hurt more. so i settled to wearing moccasins EVERYDAY.

    and i loved it!

    i hope you're having a great tuesday!

    allisterbee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha I'm loving that afp! and those are ahh-mazing thrifty finds! Props to you girl! I know the feeling of finally finding something cute and unique that no one else has. It's great! :) :)

    www.aladynamedrae.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's been WAY too long since i've been thrifting! i looove that top and the blouse at the bottom. Gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the best photo in the world. Period. haha
    Those are such great moccasins. You should just get them anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the moccasins are killer! boo shopping bans;) awesome finds & the most hilarious picture at the end! don't you wonder what they were really like??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love all of these finds LOVE LOVE LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh I adore the first top!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that last blouse!! The details are so cute! Daisy Dayz Home

    ReplyDelete
  9. I looove that skirt!!! wonderful!

    Are you in that photo? or is it just a random photo?

    I wish those booties were mine too.. sigh

    ReplyDelete
  10. that last blouse looks like it went to woodstock, I love it!! Thrifting is like my nicotine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such gorgeousness...The print on the first blouse is my favorite color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. good finds lady! the cardi is my favorite, but everything is super cute.

    i actually read your post this morning and you inspired me to go thrifting and i found a few treasures myself - yay! i'll blog them soon.

    i miss you lady! and i loved getting an e-mail from you. i'll definitely e-mail you back, but it'll probably be a bit...this week is so packed!

    hope you're having a good week my dear!

    xo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That blouse with the stitching reminds me of something my grandma used to wear. They're so lovely in the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What cute finds!

    And my face is an open book, too. Which sucks. Basically, if my buying something had to come down to me bartering with the salesperson, and if the something was something I just HAD to have (you still with me?), I would be lost. Or wind up paying a zillion dollars.

    And also? Thrifting in Miami sucks. Can I thrift with you, pretty please?

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow you scored some awesome finds! i love the first top especially! i haven't been thrifting in ages, but this makes me want to drop everything and go today.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ridiculously good finds! I love the last blouse, so bohemian!

    ReplyDelete
  17. hahs wow those are some high shorts

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!